About the Dry Creek Conservancy
Dry Creek Conservancy is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation organized in 1996 to facilitate watershed conservation, restoration, and education in the watersheds of Dry Creek, Pleasant Grove Creek, Auburn Ravine Creek, Coon Creek and surrounding areas in Placer, Sutter, and Sacramento counties.
As part of that mission we:
- Coordinate the American Basin Council of Watersheds, a diverse stakeholder group of interests that has met the first Wednesday of the month since 1996
- Work with our partners to restore streams and watersheds for fish and other wildlife
- Monitor water quality and other resources
- Facilitate a committee of community organizations that organize the annual Creek Week which promotes resident education and stewardship
- Promote a continuous trail and open space greenway connecting with the American River Parkway at Discovery Park and Folsom Lake, forming a 70-mile loop